Monday, May 29, 2006

That Which Sounds The Bell...

The above gibberish is what the Web translator, AltaVista Babel Fish, spewed out after I took, "For Whom the Bell Tolls" translated it into French, then into German, back to French and finally back into English.

Here are some famous movie quotes in no particular order. See if you can recognize them.

Answers at the end...maybe...if I'm in a good mood and you leave lots of comments.

1. My, I hardly ensure myself frankly expensive.
2. Attach your safety belts. This one will be one night unequal.
3. They do not include understand! Coulda I had the class. Coulda I which a candidate is been. Could've I summers of somebody instead of a person without shelter which is that I am.
4. A customer of account has in tries to examine the past me. I ate his liver with some avabohnen and Chianti pleasant.
5. Naw, too easy. Let's go to Chinese first... "Without the place likely house" -- that's more like it.
6. The life the mom was always like a case chocolates. They never know what to receive you go.
7. "day" what one calls "good" with my boy friend!
8. From whole Wacholder which is connected in all the cities in each one, it goes my.
9. Vista, baby of Hasta.
10. It of Soylent is green the people!
11. Martini. Agitated not to move.
12. You cannot fight here inside the Messrs! It is the hall of war!
13. Because the god is not my witness, me the hunger will never have still.
14. During one morning I drew an elephant in that from my pyjamas. Like it received that in my pyjamas, I do not know.
15. They cannot whistle you of Steve? They go up to blow your lips just and.
16. High circle usual suspects.
17. Go makes there my day.
18. I will make him a proposal which it cannot disallow.
19. I want the odor of Napalms of the mornings.
20. The love means that having to never see betruest do not say to you are deep.

Believe it or not, that took me almost an hour. Exhausting! I'll have to speak to my therapist about this. I'm always more agitated after I work on a post and I really don't see the therapeutic value in it as he claims. I do have to say, however, that some of the results did produce a giggle or two. I hope it does the same for you, and if it doesn't, "Take large, the great personnel and support on to the top of your afters!"

If you didn't figure out the translations, here are the original quotes.
Give yourself one point for every right answer and deduct 35 to the power of 3 for every wrong one. And if you don't feel like doing the math, "Take a big, fat stick and shove it up your anus!"

1. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
2. Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.
3. You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.
4. A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
5. There's no place like home.
6. Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
7. Say "hello" to my little friend!
8. Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
9. Hasta la vista, baby.
10. Soylent Green is people!
11. A martini. Shaken, not stirred.
12. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
13. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.
14. One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
15. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow.
16. Round up the usual suspects.
17. Go ahead, make my day.
18. I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
19. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
20. Love means never having to say you're sorry.

9 comments:

Enzio Pesta said...

Oh, lighten up. Then again, not an easy thing for a dead person.

Enzio Pesta said...

FYI, "You should leave the house more" becomes:

"They should leave more at the house"

Anonymous said...

I disagree with Olaf, I wouldn't want the outside world to suffer too.

Adam Renfro said...

Enzio, you're a MAD MAN!

Enzio Pesta said...

OSM, you act as if you're surprised.

Di said...

I don't feel like shaking my brain and specifying names. You have been able to make me think for a few minutes. Congrats.

Enzio Pesta said...

You've got to be joking, Mamma Legend. A naughty picture of you? I'd rather look at medical photos of tumors.

And why aren't you asking your son how to post a profile pic? I have enough trouble with this stupid Blogger spending an hour preparing a post and then having it disappear! Yes, that's what happened the last time I tried to post something and spent too much time doing it. Very disappointing!

In the meantime, it's freaking summer and I have better things to do than spend hours putting up my inane ramblings that no one will read.

Lemme think about a new post and check back soon

Anonymous said...

For christs sake, help her and get her to post some "underthings" pics. No offence to Olaf but should be the best laugh of the Summer, even funnier than Michael Owens twisted kneecap.

Auntie Marga said...

Enzio, lovey, I am just enquiring as to how my advice helped you. Please keep me posted and should you have anymore problems, then toss them my way, lovey.